Investment – Demystifying Emerging Technologies with Andy Daws, Co-founder and Chief Customer Officer, Kim Technologies and Wendy Lawson, Senior Director, Member Services & Technology, IACCM.
Today’s demand for using technology to successfully manage CLM processes is clear. And yet many hesitate to move forward even though its ability to save time and costs is well known.
You think you can wait as well? Research shows that most CM managers and legal professionals believe emerging technologies will not affect them for five years or more. But facts show they are mistaken. And once they do start using technologies, they will discover that about 18 to 24 months will elapse before they reap major business benefits from them.
IACCM’s webinar presented by Wendy Lawson and Andy Daws titled Futureproofing your Contract Lifecycle Management Investment – Demystifying Emerging Technologies explains reasons for the pushback, why you need to be prepared and know the competitive challenges you will face soon. They spotlight the technologies and international competition that’s already ahead of most of us:
- CLM automation – what it is today
- Effects of AI, Machine Learning and Blockchain
- Why AI will be the main driver of productivity and economic growth for at least the next 20 years
- What China’s trajectory looks like, why they are way ahead
- How AI is affecting Legal processes
- What is blockchain and why China prioritizes blockchain
- How smart contracts are making a difference
- CLM tools and features you will need in the future
- Predictions for CLM’s future -- what should be our response?
Don’t miss this!
- Tim Cummins’ Commitment Matters blog article titled Defining the contracting lifecycle posted April 1, 2018. In
itTim explains what surrounds “the absence of an authoritative and over-arching view of the entire Contracting Lifecycle.” His article defines the contracting lifecycle and its major phases.
- IACCM’s article posted 9 August 2018 by Gabe Teninbaum and Arthur Raguette titled Contract Lifecycle Management and Artificial Intelligence: The Future is Now
ABOUT OUR PRESENTERS
Andy Daws, CCO Kim Technologies,
Innovator and change agent with seventeen years’ experience in the legal industry worldwide, combining business, law
Wendy Lawson, IACCM’s Senior Director Member Services and Technology,
is experienced in legal practice as a solicitor in the UK. Her skills span many disciplines including business and technology, strategic planning, business development, innovative contract design, NLP and contract process automation, sales, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), law, training
Kim Technologies’ AI platform is a new software generation enabling knowledgeable practitioners to automate their own processes, workflows, documents
IACCM enables both public and private sector organizations and professionals to achieve world-class standards in their contracting and relationship management process and skills. With over 50,000 members across 166 countries and 17,065 corporations, IACCM is leading the way in responding to the demands of global networked markets. Tim comments, “My goal is to improve the quality and integrity of global trading relationships achieved by providing business and government with the inspiration, confidence